Seahawk fans won’t be the only ones making lots of noise this afternoon… ol’ Mother Nature will be chiming in too.
The National Weather Service has issued a Wind Advisory through midnight. Just prior to kick off today, at 12:48pm we are at a high tide of 11.08. Combine that with the winds and waves and we could see some blue and green waters coming over Beach Drive bulkheads.
Last night we made sure we had enough gas, just in case we need to fire up our pump or generator. Winds from the southwest is typically what may cause our home to flood from water over the bulkhead. We are preparing for worse case scenario (possible flooding) based on the current forecast. Of course, we are also preparing to for a big HAWKS win!!
PS: It looks like this weather will be swirling around until Monday.
TODAY SW WIND 30 TO 40 KT. WIND WAVES 5 TO 7 FT. SHOWERS AND ISOLATED TSTMS. TONIGHT SW WIND 30 TO 40 KT...EASING TO 20 TO 30 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. WIND WAVES 5 TO 7 FT...SUBSIDING TO 3 TO 5 FT. ISOLATED TSTMS. SHOWERS LIKELY. SUN SW WIND 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 2 TO 4 FT. RAIN. SUN NIGHT SW WIND 20 TO 30 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 5 FT. MON SW WIND 20 TO 30 KT...EASING TO 15 TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. WIND WAVES 2 TO 5 FT. Seattle City Forecast: ...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT PST TONIGHT...
TODAY…WINDY. RAIN IN THE MORNING…THEN SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 40S TO 50S. SOUTHWEST WIND 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 45 MPH.
TONIGHT…WINDY. RAIN SHOWERS LIKELY AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS IN THE EVENING…THEN RAIN SHOWERS LIKELY AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS NEAR 40. SOUTHWEST WIND 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 45 MPH BECOMING SOUTHWEST 15 TO 25 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT.
SUNDAY…BREEZY. RAIN AT TIMES. HIGHS NEAR 50. SOUTHWEST WIND 15 TO 25 MPH BECOMING SOUTH IN THE AFTERNOON.
SUNDAY NIGHT…WINDY. RAIN LIKELY. LOWS IN THE MID TO UPPER 40S. SOUTHWEST WIND 15 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 40 MPH.
MONDAY…WINDY. MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. HIGHS NEAR 50. SOUTHWEST WIND 15 TO 30 MPH. GUSTS TO 40 MPH IN THE MORNING.
- Today: Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 10am. High near 49. Windy, with a southwest wind 25 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Tonight: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy, with a low around 40. Breezy, with a west southwest wind 23 to 28 mph decreasing to 13 to 18 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday: Rain. High near 50. South southwest wind 17 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday: Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 46. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 23 to 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Monday: A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50. Breezy, with a southwest wind 20 to 24 mph.
Time to go plug in the cell phones and lap tops…. and to check on the wings we’ll be smoking for the big game! Go HAWKS!