It’s no Illusion, that’s smoke!

A mishap with some hair product in a garbage can has just caused an evacuation at Illusions Hair Design.   So much for my day of beauty!   


I’m lucky I had just sat down for my hair appointment and didn’t have my head in a towel so I was able to walk away and reschedule…others are in the middle of their service and are kind of stuck waiting for the air to clear.


Poor qualify photos thanks to my Treo.


  1. Rhonda, I can’t believe you were there and I didn’t even know. I was there too. (I’m in your picture!) So the trash can started smoking with West Seattle’s two most prolific bloggers in the house. That’s a riot. I didn’t mention it because it was just a trash can and the fire engine wasn’t there long enough for people to start sending us “what HAPPENED?” notes.

  2. That’s so funny! I wonder if you were sitting across from me…I looked pretty grungy since I had an “emergency” transaction this morning. The lady who was going to care for me this morning said that someone had mentioned they knew me and I said, that maybe it’s the folks from WSB since I’ve written about Illusions at BDB and decided to start going there because of their support to WSB.

    What a small world!

    Where you able to go back into the salon?

  3. I was pretty much done … the gal was just drying my hair … so she told me to scoot and I’m going back sometime later to pay. They don’t really know me as Patrick deals with all the business (he and our son were just there for a haircut a week ago) so I was incognito.

  4. I almost blew your cover…I thought about calling the WSB tip line to report this…like you, I didn’t think it was super BIG news.

  5. If you haven’t gotten a note from them – we just did, and it turns out they need to get the place cleaned and will be closed Monday as a result. We have posted about it (with a link back here). OK, that does it, from now on I’m whipping my camera out for EVERY little thing, trash can smoke, fender benders, whatever – you just never know.

  6. Illusions would like to apologize for any inconvenience this accident has caused. It was a spontaneous combustion accident contained in a trash can in the back room. We want to thank our staff for acting as quickly as they did, as there are no injuries to report, and the damage to the salon is minimal. We do want to let you know that we will be closed Monday Feb. 18, and hope to re-open at noon on Feb. 19th. Professional cleaners are busy working to clean the extinguisher residue-which is on everything in the salon. We will make sure the environment is clean and safe for our staff and clients to return. Should we need to reschedule any other appointments, we will contact you as soon as we can. In our 30 years in business, we have never had anything like this happen. We thank you for your patience, and again are thankful that no one was injured.

Speak Your Mind


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.