On Sunday, August 11, 2013, around one hundred cyclist will pedal the through Beach Drive as part of their 180 mile trek for Obliteride. Obliteride is a fundraiser for the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center to help obliterate cancer.
Our neighborhood is the 2nd day of a 180 mile course with day 2 beginning at the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma and finishing in Magnuson Park in North Seattle.
Neighbors are encouraged to come to the end of their driveway, set up chairs, play music and cheer for the cyclists as they ride through the area. Cyclists will be wearing a rider number on their helmet, back of jersey and on the back of their seat.
Here’s the West Seattle portion of the course from Burien:
- Right on Marine View Drive (Arbor Heights)
- They will go downhill from there (Endolyne Joes)
- Continue through the intersection and head North to Fauntleroy
- Right on Fauntleroy (South end of Lincoln Park)
- Left on 47th Ave. SW (Union 76 station)
- Downhill to Lowman Beach
- Soft right onto Beach Drive to Alki
- Rest Stop at Coastal Surf Boutique (10am – 2pm)
- Continue on Alki Ave. to Harbor Ave
- Left on Alki Trail and over lower W. Seattle Bridge
Let’s cheer these cyclist on for such an important cause!